Welcome to our online Handstand Course
The popularity of handstands has grown exponentially over the past decade, with people from all different backgrounds and physical abilities wanting to learn this skill. The feeling that you get from balancing the entire weight of your body on just your hands while inverted, even if only for a few seconds, is something that every person should have the opportunity to experience in their lifetime.
Contrary to popular belief, handstands do not require incredible strength or flexibility; nor do you need to have ever been able to handstand before. With the proper tools, tailored to your unique body’s requirements, nearly everyone is capable of learning to handstand.
Whether you are brand new to handstands, have been trying to master them for a while, or somewhere in between; this course has something for everyone who is looking to find their best handstand yet.
This course is 100% self-paced and offers you the opportunity to receive personalized feedback and support to help you improve your technique!
Some of the topics we will discuss in this course are:
• Evolutionary anatomy – This topic is fundamental to understanding how and why our bodies work the way that we do. Once we understand what has brought us to where we are today, then we can build upon this knowledge and begin to see progress.
• Obstacles to handstand – There are three main reasons why people struggle with finding balance on their hands. Yes, strength is a component, but it is not as big of a factor as you might think. By having knowledge of these obstacles, you may then begin to build an individual program that works for you.
• Active vs. passive range of motion – What is range of motion (ROM)? Why does is matter? What is the relevance of active or passive ranges? We will take an in-depth look at these topics and how they relate to your handstand practice.
• Proprioception – Is the sense of self-movement, or knowing where and how your body is oriented in your surroundings. Having adequate proprioception is absolutely vital to learning how to handstand.
• Training – Creating an individualized training program that addresses your own unique limitations and strengths is imperative for any type of skill acquisition. This course gives you the tools to be able to self-assess and create a personalized program that will ensure you can find your best handstand yet.
Hi, My name is Lisa. I was not a child gymnast, or even very athletic when I was younger. In fact, the first time I attempted a handstand was in my mid-twenties, and that was with the use of a wall. It wasn’t until several years into my yoga practice that I even considered beginning the journey of learning how to handstand. Through observing inspiring yogis around me float up with such effortless ease, I knew I had to give it a shot.
To say the journey has been an easy one would be amiss. I have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours both learning about and practicing handstands. As such, I have gained valuable insights into what works, as well as what doesn’t, when it comes to learning this skill.
I’m so excited to share my knowledge with you, so that you too can experience the indescribable feeling of balancing your whole body upside down on your hands.