200hour Online YTTC
Welcome to our online 200hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
Do you wish to deepen your yoga practice, learn how to teach safely and have a broader knowledge in anatomy, philosophy, yoga history and more?
This is an incredible opportunity for all yoga practitioners and certified teachers.
6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training Course in Lembongan will be invested into various projects supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan.
This course can be 100% or 50% online!
NEXT COURSES DATES 2020-2021
Part 1 online:
From the comfort of your own home
Part 2 In-person over 12 days:
January 20th to 31st 2021
May 9th to 20th 2021
August 8th to 19th
This training has been designed for those who believe, feel, and know that yoga is more than the physical practice of asana. Our intention is to properly train yoga students to become strong, confident, and knowledgeable teachers. In addition to all of the relevant information about yoga philosophy, theory and teaching skills; we put a strong emphasis on deepening your personal practice. Thus, your training will be oriented toward expanding your own practice, while developing the ability to teach others.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to plan and teach a yang style asana class (Vinyasa or Ashtanga inspired) and a Restorative or Yin yoga class. This 200-hour Yoga Alliance accredited course is led by our senior teachers Lisa Nelson (E-RYT500& YACEP) and Gwendoline Ferreira (E-RYT500 & YACEP). After completing the course, you will be able to register as a 200-hour Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance.
Part 1: 100hour – Online Training (Self paced)
• 30-hour Online Yin Yoga Module – Discover the Meridian Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Learn how to practice and teach 25 Yin Yoga postures and several pranayama techniques – Study the variations of each pose for different bodies – Understand the benefits of a Yin Yoga practice and how to integrate it in your daily life. More details on this module here.
• 20-hour Online Restorative Yoga Module – Discover the benefits of a Restorative Yoga practice on the body and mind – Learn how to practice and teach safely – Experience the effects of a daily pranayama and meditation practice – Learn how to set up and teach a restorative class. More details on this module here.
• 20-hour Online Philosophy Module – Look into the history of yoga and the transformation from its ancient roots to the modern postural yoga we are accustomed to – Discern and overcome the obstacles to beginning a daily sadhana (spiritual practice) – Study the eight limbs of yoga and learn how to incorporate key elements into your teaching and your life – Discover the koshas and how they can be utilized as a catalyst for the learning process – Learn what constitutes a yogic lifestyle and the commitment required to proceed on this path. More details on this module here.
• 30-hour Online Anatomy Module – Understand the anatomy of movement by studying the joints within the body – Recognise our inherent differences by observing your own body and identifying your own limits – Learn the fundamentals of Anatomy – Dive deeper into the different systems of the body (the skeletal system, the muscular system, the respiratory system & the nervous system) – Discover how the body works and apply this knowledge to your practice and teaching. More details on this module here.
Part 2: 100hour – On site in Nusa Lembongan, Bali (date to be confirmed once borders reopen) or Online Training (Release in 2021)
• Practice & Teaching- Establish and deepen your personal practice – Learn the half-primary series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa System, as well as alignment for the asanas – Practice a variety of yang asana classes such as: Hatha, Flow, Power and Vinyasa – Discover how to successfully sequence a yoga class – Find out how to align yourself in poses so that you may remain safe from injury – Explore different variations of poses so that you may effectively teach to all levels – Enhance your communication skills and learn how to manage group dynamics – Understand the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting – Discover and define your teaching style and the qualities needed as a teacher – Take a look at the business aspects of teaching yoga
• Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting and other practices – Practice a variety of pranayama and meditation techniques – Build a daily practice of pranayama and meditation – Learn how to use mantra and digital counting during pranayama – Chakra meditation practice – Explore the effects of a daily meditation practice – Practice techniques such as kriyas, mantras, and mudras
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
• Students with a minimum of 1 year of a dedicated asana practice in Vinyasa, Ashtanga or Hatha Yoga
• Those interested in deepening their personal practice, as well as learning how to share this transformative practice with others
• Those wishing to discover more about yoga history, philosophy and anatomy, and how to integrate this knowledge into their practice and teaching
You feel ready to take the next step and wish to become a Certified Yoga Teacher?
We recommend you to have at least 1 year of a regular and dedicated Yoga asana practice in one of the yang style that will be taught during the course and to read the books that are on our recommended reading list.
You wish to develop your own practice, learn more about Yoga and all its aspects, but you are not ready or do not wish to become a certified Yoga Teacher yet?
This course is also for you! It can be difficult to find the time and/or a place where to learn and practice more intensively than drop-in classes, so this is an opportunity to do so without expectation of becoming a yoga teacher.
If this is your wish, we recommend you to have practiced any style of yoga for at least 6 months. We will work with you to develop a daily asana, pranayama and meditation practice that best suits you. You will be able to follow exactly the same class schedule as those who are choosing to become certified, without the stress of completing a final examination. You will have some free time during the last days of the training as some hours are dedicated to the exams.
Part 1 = 4 Online Modules = 10.000.000 IDR
Part 2 – In Nusa Lembongan = 12.000.000 IDR
(course only without food and accommodation)
We reinvest 6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training on Nusa Lembongan into various projects such as School development, Bottle for Botol, Trash Hero Lembongan, Lembongan Cleaning, Marine Megafauna Foundation and others, supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan. More informations here.
This course will be held at Yoga Bliss Lembongan, located on Nusa Lembongan island, 30 minutes away from Bali by boat. As a lot of travellers say Lembongan is similar to what Bali used to be 20 years ago. White sandy beach, blue clear water, quiet and a perfect spiritual place. This island paradise begin to be a must to visit from Bali away from the traffic jam or the hawkers. A perfect place to relax, where the only things to do are diving, snorkelling, surfing, sunbathing and of course yoga.
Yoga Bliss is in the heart of Nusa Lembongan close to all commodities. The beach is only 5 minutes walk away, but as you will see everything is really close on the island as its size is approximately 7km².
We have two beautiful shala: one indoor shala with air conditioning and an equipment room (for our mountain of props) and an open air shala equipped with props and fan to enjoy the wind
Food is important as it’s what keeping us functioning. We choose what we eat but sometimes we loose track and it can be hard in our busy world to take care of ourselves. What you eat affects your body and your mind in different way.
If you choose the full pension package, Green Garden Restaurant will provide you 3 meals a day of healthy local food. The Restaurant is located just at the front of the shala.
You will have the choice between:
– A package not including food to have the freedom to eat wherever you want
– A package including breakfast only or full pension to save you some times between classes (meat/fish, vegan and vegetarian options).
All the rooms at Green Garden Bungalows are on site and offer:
– Access to the swimming-pool
– Private terrace
– Private semi-outdoor bathroom with garden and hot water
– Air conditioning, mosquito net, WIFI, fridge, kettle and an umbrella.
If you choose the shared room, you will share these facilities with one other student. In this last case, you will occupied a twin bed room and have of course your own bed.
When does the course begin and end?
One of the greatest benefits of this online training is that you can begin and end it as it suits you. You can do the modules in your preferred order. Each course takes a minimum of a few days depending on your own pace. We offer for each module a 5 days schedule.
What is the difference between a fully online training and a part online/part on-site training?
We have designed this 200hour Training so you can have more time to assimilate all informations. We know that a 3 weeks intensive course can feel like a lot of informations at once. By choosing the online option, you will be able to follow each lecture at your own pace. This is the perfect solution if you are not able to travel for our immersive training or if you wish to have more time to study the lectures. We still believe that to gain the proper skills needed as a Yoga Teacher, training in person is the best. This is why the second part of the training will also be offered as an immersion in our beautiful shala on Nusa Lembongan (Bali). This way, we will be able to work together to deepen your yoga practice and to develop your teachings skills. This will be an amazing opportunity to practice teaching, receiving live feedback from students and teachers. If you are not able to join our Immersive part 2, don’t worry! We will also add these modules online and offer you support and feedback during and after the course.
Do I need to a be a yoga teacher to take this course?
Not at all! This course is the perfect way to begin your journey as a Yoga teacher.
Can I take this course if I am already a 200hour certified teacher?
Of course. Some of our students have already done a 200hour and either felt unprepared to teach afterwards or feel that they need a refresher. This course is perfect for you. You will gain continuing education credit while being able to review and deepen your knowledge. Our aim is to train confident teachers so we will be here, supporting you on your journey whatever certification you might already have.
Will this course certify me to be a yoga instructor?
Yes, this course will certify you as a Yoga Teacher.
Are exams required for course completion?
If you would like to receive the CE credits there will be a final assignment due at the end of the course. If you are a just taking the course for your personal journey, or are not registered with any Yoga Alliance, then you do not need to complete the final assignment.
Is this Yoga Alliance certified?
Yes, we are a RYS with the Yoga Alliance and our courses are fully recognised by them. Due to the current situation with CoVID-19, the Yoga Alliance has amended their policy to allow for our online trainings to be considered as “contact hours” until December 31st 2020. This means that the if you complete Part 1 of the course by December 31st, and the second part with us on-site at a later date, your certificate will be fully recognised by the Yoga Alliance as a traditional 200hour YTTC. If you are not able to join us for an immersive Part 2 and will follow this section online, you will still gain a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. However, it is possible that Yoga Alliance will have updated their policy again and so we cannot guarantee that they will accept this for registration with them. Please know that registering with the Yoga Alliance is not mandatory in order to teach Yoga, and less than 10% of students choose to pay an annual fee to be registered on their website.
How much does the course cost?
The regular price of the course is 28.500.000 IDR. We offer a special discount for the 20 first students to sign up so the Part 1 is 9.000.000 IDR only and the Part 2 is the same price for the online option or 12.000.000 IDR for the immersive option in Nusa Lembongan. All the online training are non-refundable.
Do you have payment plans?
Yes! You can enrol with a special payment plan to pay in 2 or 4 times without interest. Once you have made your first payment, you will have a complete access to our first module.
We value integrity and believe students should honor commitments made. There will be no refunds for this transaction, please make sure you are ready to commit to this training prior to enrolling.
Are the modules and lessons available for download?
The instructional videos can only be watched within the course itself, and you will have lifetime access to all of the material. There will be some downloadable PDFs, some audios lessons and workbooks throughout the course.
How long will I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you enrol, you will have lifetime access to the course, including any content added in the future.