Do you wish to deepen your yoga practice, learn how to teach safely and have a broader knowledge in anatomy, philosophy, yoga history and more?
This is an incredible opportunity for all yoga practitioners and certified teachers.
This course is limited to 16 students!
6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training Course will be invested into various projects supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan.
NEXT COURSES DATES 2020
February 16th to March 8th 2020: fully booked
March 29th to April 19th 2020
– Private bungalow: 1 spot left
– Shared bungalow: 5 spots left
May 3rd to May 24th 2020
– Private bungalow: 1 spot left
– Shared bungalow: 7 spots left
July 5th to July 26th 2020
August 9th to 30th 2020
November 29th to December 20th
This training has been designed for those who believe, feel, and know that yoga is more than the physical practice of asana. Our intention is to properly train yoga students to become strong, confident, and knowledgeable teachers. In addition to all of the relevant information about yoga philosophy, theory and teaching skills; we put a strong emphasis on deepening your personal practice. Thus, your training will be oriented toward expanding your own practice, while developing the ability to teach others.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to plan and teach a Vinyasa or Ashtanga inspired and a Restorative or Yin yoga class. This 200-hour Yoga Alliance accredited course is led by our senior teachers Lisa Nelson (E-RYT500) and Gwendoline Ferreira (E-RYT500 & YACEP). After completing the course, you will be able to register as a 200-hour Yoga Teacher through the Yoga Alliance.
• Philosophy – Look into the history of yoga and the transformation from its ancient roots to the modern postural yoga we are accustomed to – Discern and overcome the obstacles to beginning a daily sadhana (spiritual practice) – Study the eight limbs of yoga and learn how to incorporate key elements into your teaching and your life – Discover the koshas and how they can be utilised as a catalyst for the learning process – Learn what constitutes a yogic lifestyle and the commitment required to proceed on this path
• Practice & Teaching- Establish and deepen your personal practice – Learn the half-primary series of the Ashtanga Vinyasa System – Practice a variety of yang asana classes such as: Hatha, Flow, Power and Vinyasa – Practice Yin and Restorative Yoga, learn modifications and adjustments – Discover how to successfully sequence both a yin and a vinyasa style yoga class – Find out how to align yourself in poses so that you may remain safe from injury – Explore different variations of poses so that you may effectively teach to all levels – Enhance your communication skills and learn how to manage group dynamics – Understand the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting – Discover and define your teaching style and the qualities needed as a teacher – Take a look at the business aspects of teaching yoga
• Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting and other practices – Practice a variety of pranayama and meditation techniques – Build a daily practice of pranayama and meditation – Learn how to use mantra and digital counting during pranayama – Chakra meditation practice – Explore the effects of a daily meditation practice – Practice techniques such as kriyas, mantras, and mudras
• Anatomy and Physiology – Understand the anatomy of movement by studying the joints within the body – Recognise our inherent differences by observing your own body and identifying your own limits – Discover how the body works and apply this knowledge to your practice and teaching – Learn about the chakras and their strong influence on the way that we move our physical bodies – Dive into the Meridian System of Traditional Chinese Medicine and explore how to identify and resolve imbalances
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
• Students with a minimum of 1 year of a dedicated asana practice in Vinyasa, Ashtanga or Hatha Yoga
• Those interested in deepening their personal practice, as well as learning how to share this transformative practice with others
• Those wishing to discover more about yoga history, philosophy and anatomy, and how to integrate this knowledge into their practice and teaching
To teach Yoga authentically, we must first have an established personal practice. During this intensive course we will practice different styles of yoga including Ashtanga, Hatha, Flow, Power, Restorative, Vinyasa and Yin Yoga. To be certified as a yoga teacher you will need to follow the full course and complete the final exams.
You feel ready to take the next step and wish to become a Certified Yoga Teacher?
We recommend you to have at least 1 year of a regular and dedicated Yoga asana practice in Ashtanga, Vinyasa or Hatha yoga.
We suggest you to read the books from our recommended reading list.
You wish to develop your own practice, learn more about Yoga and all its aspects, but you are not ready or do not wish to become a certified Yoga Teacher yet?
This course is also for you! It can be difficult to find the time and/or a place where to learn and practice more intensively than drop-in classes, so this is an opportunity to do so without expectation of becoming a yoga teacher.
If this is your wish, we recommend you to have practiced any style of yoga for at least 6 months. We will work with you to develop a daily asana, pranayama and meditation practice that best suits you. You will be able to follow exactly the same class schedule as those who are choosing to become certified, without the stress of completing a final examination. You will have some free time during the last days of the training as some hours are dedicated to the exams.
(course only without food and accommodation)
We reinvest 6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training into various projects such as School development, Bottle for Botol, Trash Hero Lembongan, Lembongan Cleaning, Marine Megafauna Foundation and others, supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan. More informations here.
INCLUDED IN ‘COURSE ONLY’ PACKAGE
• Yoga Teacher Training Course
• 6% of the total price redirected to fund environmental and community projects
• 1 hour Balinese massage at our partner Spa Centre
• 1 Trash Hero Stainless steel bottle
• Yoga Bliss YTTC Manual
• Yoga Bliss Tote bag to reduce use of single use plastic
• 1 snorkelling trip to maybe see some Manta Rays
• Free coffee, tea and water all day
Contact us directly for the food or accommodation options
6.30 to 8 am Morning Asana (Ashtanga or Vinyasa)
8 to 9 am Pranayama & Meditation
9 to 10 am Breakfast
10 to 11 am Anatomy or Philosophy
11 to 1pm Asana lab and teaching practice
1 to 2 pm Lunch break
2 to 4 pm Anatomy or Philosophy
4 to 6.30 pm Restorative or Yin practice and teaching
This course will be held at Yoga Bliss Lembongan, located on Nusa Lembongan island, 30 minutes away from Bali by boat. As a lot of travellers say Lembongan is similar to what Bali used to be 20 years ago. White sandy beach, blue clear water, quiet and a perfect spiritual place. This island paradise begin to be a must to visit from Bali away from the traffic jam or the hawkers. A perfect place to relax, where the only things to do are diving, snorkelling, surfing, sunbathing and of course yoga.
Yoga Bliss is in the heart of Nusa Lembongan close to all commodities. The beach is only 5 minutes walk away, but as you will see everything is really close on the island as its size is approximately 7km².
We have two beautiful shala: one indoor shala with air conditioning plus an equipment room (for our mountain of props) and an open air shala equipped with props and fan to enjoy the wind. We will be using the indoor shala for the duration of the training.
Food is important as it’s what keeping us functioning. We choose what we eat but sometimes we loose track and it can be hard in our busy world to take care of ourselves. What you eat affects your body and your mind in different way.
If you choose the full pension package, Green Garden Restaurant will provide you 3 meals a day of healthy local food. The Restaurant is located just at the front of the shala.
You will have the choice between:
– A package not including food to have the freedom to eat wherever you want
– A package including breakfast only or full pension to save you some times between classes (meat/fish, vegan and vegetarian options).
All the rooms at Green Garden Bungalows are on site and offer:
– Access to the swimming-pool
– Private terrace
– Private semi-outdoor bathroom with garden and hot water
– Air conditioning, mosquito net, WIFI, fridge, kettle and an umbrella.
If you choose the shared room, you will share these facilities with one other student. In this last case, you will occupied a twin bed room and have of course your own bed.
The course content was really comprehensive and Lisa and Gwen are incredibly knowledgeable tutors. As well as it being a great academic experience it also provided a catalyst for personal growth and change. I was really impressed with the program and the level of expectation in the students.
The small class size of 16 was great in promoting a feeling of family and unity. An awesome group of like minded people there for the same outcome.
It was great to get training on both yin style and yang style yoga. I feel I have come away with a lot to offer as a yoga teacher. The philosophy component has changed my whole personal practice and how I feel about yoga day to day on and off the mat. The anatomy component was really comprehensive.
Highly recommend this course 😀