20-hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
Do you want to learn how to safely practice and teach Restorative Yoga?
This is a great opportunity for all yoga practitioners of all levels and teachers.
Beginners are welcome!
This course is limited to 16 students
6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training Course will be invested into various projects supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan.
Restorative yoga is a practice in and of itself for people of all ages, at all levels of yoga experience, and in all states of health. It does not create health or relaxation. It creates a space where, with the support of props, it might happen.
This healing yoga practice benefits every types of body, reduces stress and soothe the sympathetic nervous system. It gives time and space to your body so it can restore itself. In this training you will learn straightforward techniques to practice and teach Restorative Yoga.
In our culture of constant activity and distraction everything seems to accelerate and we find ourselves over stimulated and constantly trying to catch up and keep pace. In this training you will learn how to work with your nervous system and breath to decelerate, slow down and discover spaciousness and stillness within. It is by experiencing this relaxation state first that you will be able to guide your students into a similar experience.
This is a gentle and supportive style of Yoga that uses various props to support the body. When the body is fully supported, it will naturally relax, releasing deeply held tensions. Restorative yoga is the Art of non-doing, and focuses on effortlessness and ease, using well-placed blankets, bolsters, yoga straps, and chairs to safely support the body in various postures. This process invokes a natural state of balance, regeneration, and deep rest.
It is a soothing, nurturing and slow paced practice that promotes the healing effects of rest. This is especially helpful for insomnia, depression, stress, low back pain, anxiety etc. In this training inspired by the teaching of Judith Hanson Lasater, you will learn straightforward techniques to practice and teach Restorative Yoga.
After completing this course you will be able to create safe restorative yoga classes. You will learn how to integrate restorative poses into your classes and make your classes more accessible by introducing prop-usage techniques, design practice sessions with respect to each different body type and to be able to assist safely students during their practice.
This 20 hour Yoga Alliance accredited course is led by our senior teacher Gwendoline Ferreira (E-RYT500 & YACEP). Once the course completed, and if you are a 200hour Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher, you will gain 20 continuing education credits.
In order to continue growing as a teacher, all Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT) must complete 45 hours of Continuing Education every 3 years.
During this 20-hour Restorative Yoga YTTC, you will learn:
– What is Restorative Yoga?
– The history and yoga lineage of restorative yoga
– The Relaxation Response
– How to practice and teach Restorative Yoga?
– A selection of restorative postures
– The use of props to support the body
– The power of Touch
– The language of restorative yoga
– How to deepen the restorative experience
– Optimising the environment
– Setting-up a restorative class
– Sequencing the restorative yoga practice
– Integrating restorative yoga into Vinyasa and others yoga classes style
– The benefits of restorative yoga on the mind & the body
We will practice teaching since day 1 and provide each students with constructive feedback.
After completion of this course you will be able to confidently practice and teach Restorative Yoga.
WHO IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR?
• Those interested in learning proper yoga prop usage
• Those who wish to learn how to create Restorative yoga sequences
• Those believing in the power of relaxation
• Those wishing to learn how to practice Restorative Yoga
• Those who wants to integrate Restorative poses into more active practices
(course only without food and accommodation)
We reinvest 6% of the price of your Yoga Teacher Training into various projects such as School development, Bottle for Botol, Trash Hero Lembongan, Lembongan Cleaning, Marine Megafauna Foundation and others, supporting the local community and protecting the natural environment of Nusa Lembongan. More informations here.
INCLUDED IN ‘COURSE ONLY’ PACKAGE
• Yoga Teacher Training Course
• 6% of the total price redirected to fund environmental and community projects
• 1 hour Balinese massage at our partner Spa Centre
• Yoga Bliss YTTC Manual
• Yoga Bliss Tote bag to reduce use of single use plastic
• Free coffee, tea and water all day
Contact us directly for the food or accommodation options
This course will be held at Yoga Bliss Lembongan, located on Nusa Lembongan island, 30 minutes away from Bali by boat. As a lot of travellers say Lembongan is similar to what Bali used to be 20 years ago. White sandy beach, blue clear water, quiet and a perfect spiritual place. This island paradise begin to be a must to visit from Bali away from the traffic jam or the hawkers. A perfect place to relax, where the only things to do are diving, snorkelling, surfing, sunbathing and of course yoga.
Yoga Bliss is in the heart of Nusa Lembongan close to all commodities. The beach is only 5 minutes walk away, but as you will see everything is really close on the island as its size is approximately 7km².
We have two beautiful shala: one indoor shala with air conditioning and an equipment room (for our mountain of props) and an open air shala equipped with props and fan to enjoy the wind
Food is important as it’s what keeping us functioning. We choose what we eat but sometimes we loose track and it can be hard in our busy world to take care of ourselves. What you eat affects your body and your mind in different way.
If you choose the full pension package, Green Garden Restaurant will provide you 3 meals a day of healthy local food. The Restaurant is located just at the front of the shala.
You will have the choice between:
– A package not including food to have the freedom to eat wherever you want
– A package including breakfast only or full pension to save you some times between classes (meat/fish, vegan and vegetarian options).
All the rooms at Green Garden Bungalows are on site and offer:
– Access to the swimming-pool
– Private terrace
– Private semi-outdoor bathroom with garden and hot water
– Air conditioning, mosquito net, WIFI, fridge, kettle and an umbrella.
If you choose the shared room, you will share these facilities with one other student. In this last case, you will occupied a twin bed room and have of course your own bed.